Cash Call Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS VALID ONLY IN NEW JERSEY AND IS OPEN ONLY TO QUALIFIED PERSONS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
Promotion Period: The Cash Call Contest will run on or about 9/7/20 to 10/9/20. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void outside NJ, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
Who May Enter: Contest is open to legal U.S. residents, who also must live in New Jersey, and who are age 18 or older as of date of entry with a valid U.S. driver’s license or government issued photo I.D., except the following classes of persons who are not eligible to enter:
- Employees, officers, and directors of Press Communications (“Sponsor”), their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this promotion, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including stepsiblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grandchildren) and each of their respective spouses.
How to Enter: SEE THE “B98.5 CASH CALL” OFFICAL CONTEST RULES BELOW.
Prize winner(s) will be required to complete and return a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600.00), affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release and present a valid U.S. driver’s license and social security card before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all income taxes on prize(s). Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation.
Additional Rules & Restrictions: By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to this contest. In the event an entrant wins a prize and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in contest constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any media worldwide without limitation or further compensation unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrant’s ineligible for any prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes/prize winners. By accepting prizes, winners agree to hold Sponsor, and released parties (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto), and to assume all liability in connection therewith.
Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner, entrant or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties control. No more than the advertised maximum number of prizes will be awarded for any reason.
In Case of Disputes: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Contest Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by Press Communications, 2355 West Bangs Avenue, Neptune City, NJ 07753.
Cash Call Official Rules
- DATES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes entry begins on or about 9/7/20 and will run to approximately 10/9/20 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Final deadline to enter is 11:59pm on 10/8/20. On-line entries are limited to one single natural person per unique valid email address. Multiple entries will be discarded.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents who also must live in New Jersey and who are age 18 or older. Employees of Press Communications, LLC, its affiliated radio stations and their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies, partners and members of the immediate families or households of such employees are not eligible.
- ENTRY: Beginning on or around 9/7/20 and running through approximately 10/8/20, WBBO/B98.5 listeners will be encouraged through on air announcements, social media posts and additional advertising to sign-up for “The B98.5 Cash Call Contest” via the stations website www.B985Radio.com (the “Entrants”). Then, each weekday at approximately 9am, 12pm and 5pm the station will announce an Entrant’s name. If the Entrant then calls the station back within 9 minutes to (732) 774-3529 (a “Winner”) they will win the amount in the cash pot starting each Monday at $100. If the Entrant does not call in within the 9-minute time limit, the $100 rolls over into the prize pot to the next designated announcement time. The prize pot will reset to $100 on every Monday during the Sweepstakes period beginning on 9/7/20. The prize pot will have a minimum of $100 and potential maximum not exceeding $1,500 at week’s end should no Entrant call back leading into the last Cash Call time period. Each online Entrant will also be automatically entered into an additional sweepstakes to win $500 in one (1) random drawing occurring on or around 10/9/20.
- PRIZE AWARD: All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s identification as the actual person named on the selected entry, eligibility, and compliance with these contest rules. The station will verify the actual intended Winner by checking appropriate personal identification during the Winner’s phone call (full name, address, phone number and birth date) and again when the Winner collects their prize. After an authorized employee of Press Communications, LLC declares the listener a Winner, a check will be prepared within 60 days in the Winner’s name. All prize Winners are required to pick up their prize at the Press Communications, LLC studio office located at 2355 West Bangs Avenue in Neptune NJ. Winners must show legal identification and tax ID to claim prize. All prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of official notification that the prize is available to be claimed. Prizes unclaimed after thirty (30) days of notification will be forfeited. Winners are responsible for all taxes (where applicable) on a prize and for any expenses not specifically related to their participation in the sweepstakes and the acceptance and use of a prize. Press Communications, LLC is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes; no substitutions will be provided in the event Winner does not receive their prize. Prizes are non-transferable.
- GENERAL: By participating, Entrants agree (a) to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Company, and it agents, which decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this contest; (b) if their name is selected as a Winner, participant agrees to having use of their name and likeness used for on air or in any other media; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless Press Communications, LLC, Contest Sponsors, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages and injuries arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from their participation in the contest; and (d) that Press Communications, LLC, and Contest Sponsors, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors and employees are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, malfunction, defect or delay of any kind in telephone calls, radio transmissions or on-line or internet submissions or for the failure of Press Communications, LLC or its affiliates to receive telephone calls for any reason or for any computer or software malfunction of any kind affecting the proper execution of this contest or for late, lost, illegible or damaged mail or entries. Press Communications, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify rules and/or method of entry and to postpone, reschedule, delay, and or to cancel or terminate the sweepstakes in its entirety or partially at any time. Neither Press Communications, LLC nor Contest Sponsors or its affiliates are responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize. By entering, all contestants agree to the decisions of Press Communications, LLC. All decisions of agents and authorized representatives of Press Communications, LLC are final.
- REMOVAL FROM LIST: An individual may request that the sponsor refrain from sending that individual any other sweepstakes or contest related mailings. To do so, they can contact Press Communications, LLC via phone at 732-774-4755 or via the opt out option included on any promotional email sent from the company. An individual can also reverse the removal request by submitting a written request to receive such promotions to the above address.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS. See presscommradio.com/rules-regulations for details on the Company’s General Contest Rules available on the Company’s website.