Press Communications, LLC – General Contest Rules
WHTG-AM, WWZY-FM, WBHX-FM, WKMK-FM, WTHJ-FM & WBBO-FM Monmouth/Ocean County, NJ
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Contest dates vary from contest to contest.
3. Contest winners under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to redeem contest prize. Cash or Flyaway trip winners must be 18 years of age to qualify.
4. Method of entry and determining winners varies from contest to contest.
5. All prize winners are required to pick up their prize at the Press Communications offices at 2355 West Bangs Avenue, Neptune, NJ 07753, Monday through Friday, between 9am – 5pm (unless otherwise instructed). Prizes, including cash prizes, may take up to sixty (60) days to be available for redemption. Winners must show legal identification to claim prize. All prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of official notification that the prize is available to be claimed. Prizes unclaimed after thirty (30) days of notification will be forfeited. Alternate methods of picking up prizes may be determined by Company personnel in certain situations.
6. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash equivalent will be offered in substitution of prize. No prizes may be substituted or exchanged for other prizes.
7. Employees of WHTG-AM, WWZY-FM, WBHX-FM, WKMK-FM, WTHJ-FM, and WBBO-FM, Press Communications, LLC (hereinafter referred to as the “Company or Press Communications, LLC”), contest sponsors, their associated advertising agencies and their immediate families, as well as employees of other radio and television stations and their immediate families in or serving the Monmouth/ Ocean TSA are not eligible to win.
8. Winners forever release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Press Communications, LLC, their officers, employees and directors from and for any claim liability, income tax, loss or damage caused by or arising out of participation in a contest and/or use of a prize.
9. All prizes with a fair market value of $600 or more, must provide Press Communications, LLC with their social security number before prize is awarded. Prize winners will be responsible for any and all applicable taxes and fees. The Company will provide winners of a prize valued at or more than $600.00 with a IRS Form 1099 in the calendar year in which said prize was awarded.
10. Void where prohibited by law.
11. Prizes may have been furnished for promotional or advertising consideration.
12. Only one (1) qualified contestant per household per residential address will be eligible to win within sixty (60) calendar days.
13. Listeners are eligible to win one (1) prize over $600 value per year (amount in cash or Item value).
14. The Company and its authorized representatives reserve the right to postpone, reschedule, delay, and/or modify the contest dates and/or method of entry at any time. The Company may be excused from its obligation to execute the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to cause beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
15. Press Communications, LLC reserves the right to refuse awarding any prize to a person who is determined to have violated a Press Communications, LLC rule as outlined above.
16. Winners hereby consent to allow the Company and its radio stations to use their name, voice and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
17. Any promotion run on the Facebook platform is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Press Communications, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for [see item 22].
18. A copy of the official rules may be obtained by stopping by the Company’s offices during regular business hours; by sending a self addressed envelope to the Company or by corresponding with Company officials via the stations web Press Websites.
19. Odds of winning are based on the number of phone calls or entries received. The Company is not responsible for failure of any caller to successfully dial the radio station studio lines, any callers who may be disconnected, or any other technical difficulties that occur. Company is not responsible for any entries lost in the mail.
20. The Company reserves the right to change or alter the official rules, method of entry and/or prize(s) without prior notification.
21. The decision of the Company is final.
22. The Company keeps your email information confidential and will not make your address available to any other company or organization. However, we may occasionally send you an email about a station(s) event(s). If you do not wish to receive such mail, please opt out of recieving emails in the Listener Club area of the website.
We reserve the right to make modifications, improvements, deletions, or amendments to the Press Websites at any time we deem appropriate. Any and all relevant portions of this Agreement will apply automatically to all modifications, improvements, deletions, and/or amendments as they appear.
In addition, we reserve the right at any time to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions on the Agreement.
You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of the Press Websites for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on the Press Websites for any purpose other than for personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorized by Press. You also agree not to deep-link (place a hyperlink on a website that links to another website but not at its homepage) to the Press Websites for any purpose, unless specifically authorized by Press. The content and software on this Press Websites is the property of Press and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
We may terminate the privileges of any user who uses the Press Websites to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, express consent, valid defense or fair use exemption to do so.
Representations By You:
By visiting the Press Websites, you represent, warrant and covenant that (a) you are at least 14 years old; (b) that you are a resident of the United States; and (c) that all materials of any kind submitted by you through the Press Websites or for inclusion on the Press Websites will not plagiarize, violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party including trade secret, copyright, trademark, trade dress, privacy, patent, or other personal or proprietary rights.
License Granted by You:
By providing content or information to us, including by submitting or uploading content or materials for use on the Press Websites, you represent and warrant that you or the owner of all rights to such content or materials has expressly granted us an irrevocable world-wide right in all languages and in perpetuity to use and exploit all or any part of the content and materials provided by you. We may publish and distribute any such submitted content or materials at our sole discretion by any method now existing or later developed. You agree that you shall waive all claims and have no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights in any communication, content or material submitted to us. Any communication or materials you send to us will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be disseminated or used by us for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, creating, manufacturing or marketing products or services. Further, you agree to indemnify and hold the Company harmless from any use of such information.
The Press Websites may contain advertisements and/or sponsorships. The advertisers and/or sponsors that provide these advertisements and sponsorships are solely responsible for insuring that the materials submitted for inclusion on the Press Websites are accurate and comply with all applicable laws. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any advertiser or sponsor. Your decision to make purchases from any such advertiser or sponsor is completely voluntary and within your sole discretion. You are solely responsible for payment of all costs or fees associated with any such purchase, including payment of all shipping charges, applicable sales tax, or other taxes, assessments, or fees imposed by applicable law.
No Commercial Use:
The Press Websites may not be used by you for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of merchandise or services of any kind. You must obtain our prior written consent to make commercial offers of any kind on the Press Websites, whether by advertising, solicitations, links, or any other form of communication. We will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Press Websites and barring such violators from use of the Press Websites.
Links and Search Results:
The Press Websites may contain windows or hyperlinks which provide access to other websites not affiliated with the Press Websites (hereinafter the “External Web Sites”), or to informational content provided by the External Web Sites. Your use of such External Web Sites or informational content, while subject to the terms of this Agreement, is also subject to and governed by the terms and guidelines, if any, contained within such External Web Sites.
We do not endorse and are not liable for the content of any External Web Site, and do not make any representations or warranties concerning any informational content or materials available on such External Web Site, including that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. We have no control over these External Web Sites or the content within them. We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in any External Web Site is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. By using the Press Websites to search for or link to another website, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against us for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Press Websites to obtain search results or to link to another website. You acknowledge, understand, and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on or provided by any External Web Site.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Policy:
If you are notifying us of alleged copyright infringement, please be sure to provide the following information in the form required by 17 U.S.C. § 512:
1. A description of the copyrighted work that you allege is being infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
2. A description of the allegedly infringing material and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or an electronic mail address;
4. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law; and
5. A statement by you that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed.
Designated Agent for Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement:
NAME: Mr. Richard T. Morena, CFO
ADDRESS: 1329 Campus parkway, Neptune NJ 07754
Allocation of Responsibility:
We assume no responsibility for the activities, omissions, or other conduct of users. We act as a portal for the online distribution and publication of information and have no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and are not responsible for screening or monitoring information posted by vendors on External Web Sites. We have no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
You acknowledge, understand, and expressly agree that use of the Press Websites and any External Web Site accessible there through is at your sole risk. We do not guarantee, represent, or warrant that your use of the Press Websites will be uninterrupted, error free, or virus free, or that the Press Websites will meet your requirements. In addition, no warranty is made as to the results that may be obtained from use of the Press Websites or any External Web Sites listed thereon, or as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of any product, service, or information provided through or in connection with the Press Websites. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PRESS WEBSITES IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, SERVICES, OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS. SPECIFICALLY, PRESS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (1) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; AND, (2) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, TRADE USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF PRESS’ RECORDS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER PRESS NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE PRESS WEBSITES OR AN EXTERNAL WEB SITE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF A USER’S ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE PRESS WEBSITES OR ANY EXTERNAL WEB SITE. You assume all risk of errors and/or omissions in the Press Websites, including the transmission or translation of information. In addition, you acknowledge, understand, and agree that there are risks, including but not limited to, the risk of physical harm, the risk of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons, or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with the vendors with whom you comes in contact with through the Press Websites or any External Web Site. You assume full responsibility for implementing sufficient procedures and updates to satisfy your requirements for the accuracy and suitability of the Press Websites, including the information provided thereon, and for maintaining any means that you may require for the reconstruction of lost data or subsequent manipulations or analyses of the information provided hereunder. You acknowledge, understand, and agree that your use of the Press Websites, any External Web Site accessed there through, and any information sent or received in connection therewith, may not be secure and may be intercepted by unauthorized parties. YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION TO USER’S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER PROPERTY.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our subsidiary and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, officers and directors harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, that arise from your use or misuse of the Press Websites or the content therein. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
By choosing to access the Press Websites from any location other than the United States, you accept full responsibility for compliance with all local laws that are applicable. We make no representation that materials on the Press Websites are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use, export or re-export any materials from this Press Websites in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including, but not limited to, any United States export laws and regulations.
Choice of Law:
Integration and Severability:
Privacy of Children:
Children (persons under the age of 14) are not eligible to use the Press Websites without the supervision of their parents. If you are under the age of 14 please do not submit any personal information to us or use any function of the Press Websites. If you are under the age of 14 please only use the Press Websites under the supervision of your parents or guardian. If you are under 13, please do not provide us with any information about yourself. If we discover that we have collected any Personally Identifiable Information regarding a child 12 or under we will delete the information as soon as possible.
What Information is Collected?
Press may collect two types of information about you: Personally Identifiable Information and Aggregate Information that is anonymous (such as your IP address – a number used to identify your computer when you are on the Internet – or the type of browser you are using).
Personally Identifiable Information: “Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are and can be used to identify, contact or locate you (such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address). You can visit our Press Websites without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. You may be required to register or otherwise voluntarily provide Personally Identifiable Information to have access to some features of the Press Websites. You always may choose not to provide the Personally Identifiable Information, but this may lead to decreased functionality of the Press Websites for you and our inability to provide you with certain products or services. We also may request you to voluntarily provide Personally Identifiable Information that is not required to access features of our site. This information enables us to make general improvements to the Press Websites and better serve your specific interests.
What We Will and Will Not Do With the Information You Provide:
Press uses information generally to compile statistical data, keep in contact with users and provide them with a better interactive experience.
We may use your information specifically for the following purposes:
- to provide easy access every time you return to the Press Websites without requiring re-entry of registration information;
- to keep you informed about products and services in which you may have interest;
- to complete business transactions;
- to contact you as part of a promotion;
- to allow you to make a posting on the Press Websites;
- to administer individual accounts;
- to provide customer support;
- to meet legal requirements;
- to provide Internet security; and/or to analyze the collected information.
In the event of a merger, consolidation, or sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our assets or business, one of the assets transferred may include the information we collect about our users. We also reserve the right to collect Personally Identifiable Information about you when you sign up for our Forums. We will collect this information to ensure compliance with our rules.
Press works closely with our business partners and certain other third parties who may perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing promotional materials to our users, sending e-mail, managing data, processing credit card payments or providing customer service. They have access to your Personally Identifiable Information only to the extent necessary to perform their functions and may not use it for any other purpose. Further, these business partners and other third parties may from time to time wish to extend special offers to you on their own behalf. We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to assist our business partners in offering you these products, services and information and may act as an intermediary (for instance, sending you e-mail on their behalf).
We may also from time to time cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other efforts to enforce laws. We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information in response to legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or to protect the Press Websites, hosted sites or users of these sites. We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information in response to a request by law enforcement if there is an investigation of criminal conduct or other illegal activity. In most cases you may not receive notice of this disclosure to law enforcement. Therefore, we cannot promise, nor should you expect that, communications you make will always remain private.
Third Party Advertising:
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Press Websites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements on the Press Websites and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
When you visit the Press Websites, we or a third-party advertiser may store or recognize some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” or similar file that can help us in many ways. For example, cookies allow us to tailor the Press Websites to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the Press Websites may be severely limited, and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the Press Websites best features.
About Our Forums
The Press Websites feature forums (such as message boards and chat rooms), which enable our users to communicate with each other. We do not moderate and are not responsible for the content which you or any user posts on any forum on the Press Websites. All Personally Identifiable Information you post in a forum may be viewed, collected and used by any visitor to the Press Websites and is beyond our control. Therefore, Press strongly recommends that you do not post on any forum private information about yourself or other individuals.
Linking to Our Business Affiliates’ and Third Party Web Sites:
The Press Websites contain links to sites operated by our business partners and other third parties. Once you leave the Press Websites, you may or may not see a new URL in the location bar. Please review the linked site’s privacy policies, and if you do not agree to be bound by the terms of the policies governing that site, terminate your visit to that site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the sites operated by our business partners or other third parties.
How Secure is Your Information:
Any unauthorized use of the Press Websites may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. We have reasonable policies and procedures in place to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information that we collect and maintain. All Personally Identifiable Information is stored on our secured servers, behind a firewall at a data center with access to data strictly controlled.
We may terminate the privileges of any user who uses the Press Websites to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, express consent, valid defense or fair use exemption to do so. If you submit information or content to the Press Websites, you warrant that the information or content does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties.
Representations By You:
By visiting the Press Websites, you represent, warrant and covenant that:
- you are at least 14 years old;
- that you are a resident of the United States;
- that all materials of any kind submitted by you through the Press Websites or for inclusion on the Press Websites will not plagiarize, violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party including trade secret, copyright, trademark, trade dress, privacy, patent, or other personal or proprietary rights.